Thứ Sáu, 28 tháng 10, 2011

Glittered Noel wooden letters

Glittered Noel wooden letters

I loved how my pretty wooden letters for Molly came out and wanted to decorate some more wooden letters from Molly Meg to decorate my home with at Christmas. I decided to go for 'NOEL' but this time I wanted them to be sparkly, so first I painted them in an aqua coloured paint, then covered them in mint glitter to match my Winter Wonderland theme.

I used a tester pot of paint from my local DIY store to get the right shade of aqua, as there is always so much colour choice, making it an inexpensive, quick and easy way of getting the right shade.

Christmas decoration: Glittered Noel wooden letters

Tools and Materials


How-to, step by step
Carefully paint front and sides of letter and leave to dry. Once dry, paint back of letter and leave to dry.


Glittered Noel - Steps 1-4

Brush PVA glue onto lower half of front of letter and immediately sprinkle glued area liberally with glitter before glue starts to dry. Lightly tap to remove excess glitter and leave to dry. Paint PVA glue onto another section and sprinkle glued area liberally with glitter and so on until the front and sides of the letter are completely covered in glitter. You can touch up letters with glue and glitter on any spots you have missed.


Glittered Noel - Steps 5-8


Tips
I do my glittering over a plastic tub so any excess glitter can be collected and used again. I have stored my letters individually in plastic bags so they do not rub together, ready to decorate my home with at Christmas.


Glittered "NOEL" letters

Have a sweet day!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét