Thứ Tư, 27 tháng 2, 2013

My handmade acrylic wall shelf boxes

My DIY acrylic fabric shelf

Earlier this week I showed you my inspiration shelf, well since then I have been busy making a bunch of them as great storage for my craft room and more...

I found a great sheet acrylic supplier Sheet Plastics, who can cut your pieces to size and if clear acrylic is not your thing, they also have a host of other colours including a great selection of neons. I attached the acrylic shelf to the wall using the Command™ Picture & Mirror Hanging Strips, which as well as leaving no marks on the wall also enable me to take the shelf on and off the wall as much as I like due to the velcro like technology.

Here's how I did it:

Acrylic box

You will need:
  • Tensol 12 50ML ( Tensol 12 is a single component cement which hardens due to solvent evaporation to produce a clear bond in cast/Xt acrylic acrylic Sheet.The product is quickly and easily used direct from the bottle.)
  • 3 sheets of 5mm thick acrylic cut to 260mm x 50mm
  • 2 sheets of 5mm thick acrylic cut to 55mm x 50mm
Acrylic box Steps 1-4


  • Start by carefully peeling off the protective film
  • Add a very thin line of tensol along the top of one of the long edges of the side pieces


Acrylic box Steps 5-8
  • Carefully place in position and hold for a few seconds, leave to dry
  • Repeat with the other side piece
  • Turn box so it sitting on its end.
  • Add a very thin line of tensol along the top edges
  • Carefully place end piece in position and hold for a few seconds, leave to dry
  • Repeat with other end piece

My DIY acrylic paint shelf

My DIY acrylic wall shelf for paint

Have a sweet day!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét