Thứ Tư, 19 tháng 1, 2011

Top Drawer

Rice DK lampshades
A couple of weeks ago I was invited to Rice DK's Kiss and Glam up presentation day on the 18th January at Top Drawer, a UK based interior trade show. Unfortunately, due to my day job I wasn't able to make it, but as the show opened on Sunday I went then.

I had visited the Top Drawer website the night before and had a look at the brands I most wanted to visit, including old favourites Lisbeth Dahl, Rice DK and Belle & Boo.

Top of my list was the pretty vintage-looking brand Miss Etoile, who didn't disappoint! More on that later...

Upon entering Top Drawer there was a trend forum highlighting two big trends for this Spring/Summer and two future trends for Autumn/Winter 2011 put together in partnership with leading trend forecasters, Trend Bible.


Vintage Vacation
Sweet candy wallpaper
Ice Cream Van
Vintage Vacation
Vintage Vacation S/S 2011
Vintage Vacation featured a pretty ice cream van adorned with delightful bunting - a nostalgic story based on the familiar comfort of happy childhood holidays in Britain. Think pretty deckchair stripes, fifties florals, rik-rak and hand crafted knits and embroideries. It encompasses the growing trend of home baking and includes whimsical cake stands reminding you of the tea rooms found in most seaside resorts up and down the country. All in a colour palette of faded brights and pretty ice cream colours.

I had a fabulous time with Holly and was totally inspired by all the lovely treasures I saw and the sweet people I met. I will, of course, be sharing more about the other trends at the show as well as other show highlights over the next couple of weeks so stay tuned...

A big thanks to Shermine at Rice DK for the invite, beautifully bright eye candy and goody bag!

The gorgeous candy wallpaper is by Kate Usher and is called "Oh Sweetie" it is available from My Deco.

Have a sweet day!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét