Thứ Sáu, 17 tháng 6, 2011

Friday Feature - Kirsten Jones

Kirsten Jones
Kirsten Jones

Welcome to my new series of posts, Friday Feature. This week I am sharing with you the delightful work of painter, Kirsten Jones. I first discovered Kirsten's work at the Affordable Art Show on King's Road several years ago. I treated myself to one of Kirsten prints called "Blue Bikini" as I was designing swimwear at that time. I can't wait to hang it in my new laundry room!

Kirsten Jones was born in Hartlepool in 1968 and grew up on the island of Jersey before moving to Newcastle-upon-Tyne in England where she gained a B.A. Hons Fine Art Degree.

"Kirsten is inspired by 'collections' of treasured objects and their remembered or imagined histories. Each piece has a subtle narrative,which she creates by collaging vintage envelopes, stamps, dictionary text and maps. These clues evoke memories of the places objects were found or bought. Once the collage stage is complete, Kirsten paints over the richly layered surface using gesso, inks and washes of acrylic paint."

She currently resides in Berkshire where she also runs Barn Acre Gallery, holding biannual exhibitions showing her full collection of prints and new paintings along with up to 50 other invited artists.

Happy Friday sweets!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét