Thứ Ba, 24 tháng 4, 2012

Mini Shelving


This past weekend I finally got around to decorating my miniature shelf unit. I bought my miniature wooden shelf unit, with 19 compartments, back in January from Panduro Hobby but couldn't make up my mind how to decorate them!?! I eventually decided to paint them white with a pretty print in the background. I plan to hang them in my craft room as a great little place to store some of my favourite trims and sewing bits and bobs.

Mini Shelving
Tools and materials

Mini Shelving, How-to step by step
Decorating mini shelves - Part 1
Decorating mini shelves - Part 2
Start by painting the entire shelving unit with a couple of coats of white paint and leave to dry. Then, using a variety of printed papers, cut out two pieces of printed paper @ 90mm x 110mm, five pieces of printed paper @ 44mm x 110mm and twelve pieces of paper @ 54mm x 44mm. Then carefully coat the inside of the back of the shelves with a thin coat of PVA glue. Immediately stick the cut pieces of paper to the PVA glue and smooth down with your fingers or glue spatula to remove any air bubbles and leave to dry. Finish by coating the stuck pieces of paper with a thin coat of PVA glue to give them a protective finish.


Mini shelves
Mini shelves filled


Mini shelves filled


Mini shelves filled


Filled mini shelves

Have a sweet day!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét