Thứ Hai, 12 tháng 11, 2012

Amanda Mercer

Amanda Mercer
Amanda Mercer
Amanda Mercer
Amanda Mercer
Amanda Mercer
Amanda Mercer
Amanda Mercer

Last Friday I spent the afternoon at The Country Living Christmas Fair...

So today on shops i love I wanted to share with you one of my highlights from The Country Living Christmas fair, Amanda Mercer. A designer and maker of handcrafted ceramics inspired by memories and nostalgia. Her range consosts of a collection of delicate porcelain buttons, jewellery, pretty home wear and decoration all individually handcrafted and created from her studio in the heart of the city centre in Carlisle, Cumbria.

I have a love for vintage and nostalgic memorabilia such as vintage buttons found in my Grandma's button box, scraps of lace, black and white photographs, stamps and letters, which I then like to translate through my pieces, exploring surface decoration and form. I use many different techniques to achieve this such as imprinting, screen printing and the use of decal transfers which are produced through my own drawings and collages of postage markings and letters. Each piece i create is individual therefore will always slightly vary to the next.

Looking for Christmas gift ideas and decorations?
Check out the Amanda Mercer store for more pretty porcelain.

Have a sweet day!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét