Thứ Hai, 26 tháng 11, 2012

My guest bedroom cube shelves

My cube shelves

Last week I showed you my designs for our guest room and last week all my lovely free furniture from Argos arrived! The first piece of furniture we put up was the Hi gloss geometric cube shelves...

cube shelves

They were super easy to put together and all the wall fixings came with them. So I laid them on to a large piece of paper and traced around the edges, carefully marking where the screws would need to go, by pushing a pencil into the screw fixings. I then masking taped the traced shelves paper to the wall in the exact position I wanted them, using a spirit level to make sure they were straight. With the paper still in place using a soft pencil I marked on the wall where the screws would need to go. Mr TJ then drilled the holes in the wall and fitted the raw plugs and screws. Then came the fun part! hanging and filling them...

Wallpaper* City Guides

I have a bunch of the Wallpaper* city guides for the places I have been and others on places I want to go. I pulled together all the ones I had in shades of green and purple and they were a perfect fit for the top cube. They would also provide my guests with some reading material.

Oh Diana!

I then gathered all my nik naks that were in shades of lavender, mint and white together and started to play around with them, after much deliberation...

In the central cube I placed my beloved Diana camera with a sketch book I bought in St Tropez many years ago and a pretty patterned tin box I bought on a Birthday trip to Copenhagen a couple of years back.

Tweet tweet!
On the outside cube I placed another pretty box from said Copenhagen trip with a spool of crochet ribbon, mini latte bowls and a bird light.

Vintage jug

On the lower cube I placed a beautiful vintage jug that my grandmother gave me alongside a Polly George mug draped with pom pom trim, I felt I needed something in lavender to sit next to my jug to balance the colour across the shelves. So I sprayed the inside of a retro coke bottle I had been saving with a lavender coloured spray paint and perched on top an owl bottle stopper that had been laying unloved at the bottom of a kitchen drawer!

Butterflies & pom pom

To see all the before and after photos of my Guest bedoom check out my Facebook album, Guest bedroom- A Transformation.


Have a sweet day!






Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét