Thứ Tư, 21 tháng 11, 2012

Designing our guest room

Guest bedroom plans

Last month I showed you how we had renovated our guest room. Today I want to share with you my design for the room...

A few weeks before we had finished renovating the guest room, the lovely Peeps at Argos contacted me asking if I would like to receive some of their products to style in my home and share them with you. The timing was perfect! we are having guests to stay next month and I had literally no furniture and next to nothing in the way of home furnishings to go in our new guest room so I jumped at the chance to be given £500 to spend at Argos...

I started to plan out my guest room by spending hours looking at inspiration and researching guest room ideas.

Here are my favourite top tips:
Think about what you'd expect to find in a 5 star hotel.
Choose a theme that is personal to you and go from there.
Give your guests a nice calming place to relax and feel at home.
Your guest room design should not only be comfortable but also a little fun.

So I started to think about what I have loved about my favourite hotels and all the added extras that would make my guests feel super comfortable.

Guest bedroom ideas


With all my ideas whirling around in my head I came up with this colour and theme inspiration...
Guest bedroom inspiration
I was thinking white furniture with pops of colour in soft furnishings and accessories.

Then the hard part! Working out how I was going to furnish our quirky long narrow bedroom...

Guest bedroom plans

One thing was for sure, the double bed would have to sit below the window at the end of the room and could not have a foot board as you would more than likely have to get in to it from the base. So I chose the Scandinavia solid pine white double bed with slatted headboard, a mattress, double duvet, pair of pillows, white fitted sheets and a white pin tucked duvet cover.
I really wanted to provide bedside tables so my guests could keep a bottle of water, alarm clock, nik naks etc close to hand. But as the space was too tight I had to come up with something a little different! After much thought I opted for a pair of L shaped shelves I could hang on the wall either side of the bed. I would need to paint them white but I just loved there unusual shape and how much storage you could get out of them. I also loved the idea of them housing a pretty glass bottle of water in the long sections. So both guests would have there own bottles!
Whilst searching for shelves on Argos I came across the lovely cube shelves, a perfect place for displaying some coloured accessories and my pretty coloured Wallpaper travel guides. After checking the measurements I decided to go with them as they would fit perfectly on my sloping wall.



Due to the shape of the room I decided that a wardrobe would be too imposing but I still wanted to provide my guests with some hanging space."Why don't I make the little foyer at the top of the stairs a little dressing area!"
I found the perfect answer in a white finished solid pine storage unit with four coat hooks and three baskets with cut out handles for easy access to contents. I could hang it from the wall placing a monks bench style laundry bin below, that also conveniently doubles up as a seat. To add colour, comfort and interest I'm going to make a comfy patterned cover cushion for the top of the bench.

I also wanted to provide my guests with a table that could be used for a laptop and some storage drawers so I chose the Scandinavia dressing table that matches the Scandinavia bed. I have bought a bright coloured Tolix chair to use at the table so my guests could use the dressing table stool as a luggage rack!



My wonderfully generous order from Argos arrives at the end of this week and I can't wait to see what it will all look like. Loads of photos coming soon...

Have a sweet day!









Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét