Thứ Hai, 16 tháng 7, 2012

Strawberries

Strawberries
Source 1, 2, 7 & 8, 4, 3 & 5, 6

Today on Inspirational Pins I bring you my first "seasonal fruit" inspiration: juicy, summery strawberries.

Here in the UK strawberries are in season for only six weeks from early June to mid-August. The Elsanta variety accounts for 80 per cent of the British fruit sold in UK supermarkets, however other varieties are available at "pick your own" farms.

Strawberries are synonymous with the British summer and during the Wimbledon tennis tournament roughly 27,000 kilos of strawberries are eaten!

I love baking with fresh fruit and now when I need inspiration for my strawberries I can peruse my Pinterest board, Strawberries. Top of my list of things to try is the mini eclairs with strawberries but I will need to adapt the recipe to be gluten free!

What's your favourite strawberry recipe?

Have a sweet day!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét