Thứ Ba, 10 tháng 7, 2012

Hello Kitty raspberry jelly candies

Hello Kitty raspberry jelly candies

This Summer I will be making my niece Molly's third birthday cake. For her first birthday, I made a pastel coloured jungle themed cake to match her gift of a jungle bench I hand-painted in pastels with matching cushion. For her second birthday, I made a cute little house cake to match all the gifts I made and gave her for her playhouse. This year she has asked for a Hello Kitty cake. I'll be making a few other Hello Kitty treats, too. In preparation I have started playing about with ideas...

After a few attempts at making fruit flavoured Hello Kitty jellies, I finally got the taste and texture right. Here's how...

Raspberry jelly candies (makes 24 jellies)

Ingredients
  • 1 pack of raspberry jelly (Jello) (135g)
  • 4 sheets of gelatine
  • 80ml water
  • 3 tbsp condensed milk

Tools & equipment
  • Hello Kitty mould x2
  • Pipette

Making Hello Kitty candy

Cooking instructions
  1. Place gelatine sheets in cold water and leave for at least five minutes
  2. Place raspberry jelly cubes in a microwaveable jug
  3. Add 80ml of water
  4. Heat for approx. 1 minute
  5. Stir until completely dissolved
  6. Remove soaked gelatine sheets from bowl of water and add to dissolved raspberry jelly mix and stir till dissolved
  7. Using a pipette, carefully squeeze melted jelly mixture into Hello Kitty bows & noses
  8. Place the moulds into the fridge
  9. Add the condensed milk to the remaining melted jelly mixture and stir thoroughly till you have an even colour
  10. Remove moulds from fridge and pour jelly mixture into moulds
  11. Place in fridge overnight to set
  12. Carefully turn out Hello Kitty raspberry jellies

Hello Kitty serving
Hello Kitty & friends candy
Home made Hello Kitty candy, yummy!

Now I want to play with the colour, as I think the pink looks too dark against the red bow!

Have a sweet day!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét